2023 Top Trends in Men's Skincare
Men's skincare is no longer a niche trend and is here to stay! As the demand for natural products for men’s skin increases, essential oils are becoming increasingly popular for the guys and their skin needs. 2023 is seeing an explosion of natural and organic personal care products for men, with scents that evoke nature and outdoorsy, masculine aromas. This blog post explores the top trends in men’s skincare for 2023 and why natural products are taking over.
WHY HAS MEN'S SKINCARE BECOME SO POPULAR?
If you’ve wondered why isles of well-packaged, eye-catching men’s personal care products are taking over store shelves, it’s not just a trend, but here to stay because there is a need for it. Science has shown men have different skincare needs than women, and given the response in sales, they are seeing the results! In fact, an FMI report recently showed that the Men's Skincare Sector is estimated to reach US $28million by 2029 (from the current US $13.5).
The male hormone testosterone determines the structure of male skin, which is different to that of women. Men’s skin tends to be thicker, oilier, with larger pores and a lower pH. Male skin ages differently to that of female skin. It typically doesn’t get as dry as female skin and has a higher collagen density than women’s. However, men’s skin can still sag, or show puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. Shaving also makes the skin more sensitive to external conditions as it removes the uppermost layers of the skin. Maybe that's why a whopping 80% of UK men (aged 16-34) have said to prefer skincare products designed specifically for men.
BEST SCENTS FOR MEN’S RANGES
The following ingredients feature unique molecules to help men prevent signs of aging, keep skin cleansed and moisturized, and maintain healthy hair and scalp. These are just some of men’s personal care formulations you can consider: Day/Night Face Wash, Moisturizer, Hand/Feet Creams, Eye Cream, Serums, Lotions, Gels, Skin Toner, Face Scrub, Acne Cream and Cleansers, Face Masks, Lip Balm, Sun Cream, Beard Oil, Beard Wax, Muscle Creams, etc.
Whether it’s for a refreshing shower or a soothing massage, men’s essential oils come in all kinds of different smells, from spicy or woodsy to sweet and subtle.
1. Essential oils like cedarwood, sandalwood, tea tree, patchouli, eucalyptus and juniper berry are all popular options when it comes to men’s skincare. These essential oils offer a range of therapeutic benefits, from balancing skin tone and moisturizing the skin to calming redness and irritation. Not to mention, they smell great!
2. For beardcare, tea tree oil is one of the most popular essential oils used to nourish and condition the beard. This essential oil has antiseptic, antimicrobial and antifungal properties that help to protect the skin and promote healthy hair growth.
3. Sandalwood oil is another popular choice when it comes to beard care as it helps to prevent dryness and split ends while making the beard smell great.
- 4. Finally, natural citrusy scents such as lemon, orange, bergamot and grapefruit are perfect for adding a fresh burst of energy to the morning routine. These essential oils can be used in shower gels and shampoos as well as in aromatherapy to help invigorate the senses and energize the body.
- 1. Essential oils like cedarwood, sandalwood, tea tree, patchouli, eucalyptus and juniper berry are all popular options when it comes to men’s skincare. These essential oils offer a range of therapeutic benefits, from balancing skin tone and moisturizing the skin to calming redness and irritation. Not to mention, they smell great!
So whether you’re looking for a subtle hint of masculine scent or a powerful burst of aromatherapy, natural scents for men offer plenty of options for every kind of personal care product.
BENEFITS OF NATURAL PRODUCTS FOR MEN’S PERSONAL CARE
Natural products are not only better for the environment, but they also provide beneficial effects to men's skin, hair and overall health. Natural products such as essential oils, plant-based oils, and plant-based fragrances are safe and gentle, unlike synthetic chemical scents and fragrances which can be potentially harmful to our bodies. Studies have shown that using essential oils on the skin can help to reduce inflammation, reduce stress, improve mental clarity, and even promote better sleep. For men specifically, theys can help improve their beardcare and men's skincare needs by nourishing both their skin and mental health – because looking good makes you feel good and visa versa.
It’s also important to note that many synthetic fragrances contain phthalates, which can disrupt hormones and affect men. According to an NCBI article, “Phthalates may induce alterations in puberty, the development of testicular dysgenesis syndrome, cancer, and fertility disorders in both males and females. At the hormonal level, phthalates can modify the release of hypothalamic, pituitary, and peripheral hormones.”
Many natural products contain plant-based oils, such as jojoba, almond, coconut, and argan oil, that are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and essential oils offer a range of properties that otherwise are missing from synthetic fragrance. A recent Men's Health article stresses that "As men are becoming more educated and invested in the ingredients in their products, they want to make sure they are using safe, healthy options."
MENS SKINCARE IS HERE TO STAY
Mens skincare has been a rapidly growing market in recent years, and it's only expected to keep growing in 2023. Natural products, and specifically essential oils, for men’s skincare are becoming increasingly popular, thanks to their ability to provide superior care for the skin without the use of harsh synthetic chemicals.
Overall, this trend demonstrates how the skincare industry is changing and evolving. Natural products and essential oils are leading the way, and companies are creating more products specifically tailored to men’s needs. As these trends continue to gain traction in 2023, we can expect to see even more advancements in men’s skincare!
With more and more men taking a proactive approach to their skincare routine, Australian Natural Products is becoming the go-to ingredient supplier for brands and contract manufacturers looking to stand out in this space!
FOR A FULL LIST OF ESSENTIAL OILS FOR MEN'S CARE, CHECK OUT OUR APPLICATION BROCHURE!